Horizon Chillicothe Telephone Lifeline is a government assistance program designed to help certain eligible residential customers obtain new telephone service*.
- Waiver of the Federal Subscriber Line Charge
- Waiver of the Federal Universal Service Fund End User Charge
- A reduction off the monthly basic local service charge
- Free toll limitation services upon request
- A waiver of the service deposit
- Household income at or below 135% poverty level.
Customer must sign a document certifying under penalty of perjury that they are receiving benefits from one of the following programs and agrees to notify Horizon if they cease to participate in the program(s):
- Ohio Medicaid
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance and Section 8
- Federal Veteran's Pension & Survivor's Pension Benefit
- New participants are eligible for limited optional services.
- Discounts apply to only one access line per household.
- Lifeline is a non-transferable benefit and the subscriber may not transfer his or her benefit to any other person.
*New participants owing past due regulated local service will be offered special payment arrangements. New participants owing past due toll service charges will be required to have toll restricted service until paid in full or until customer establishes service with subsequent toll provider.
For more information about this program, click here.